Monday, July 16, 2012

easier said than done

So I recently got back from camp COW and it was awesome; tiring but awesome. The whole week was about going from luke warm Christians and tuning into believers on fire for Christ. We had a lot of cool speakers and the cabin time was good but there was something missing. The sunday after camp, I went to 2HC and Dave G was speaking about the exact same idea. The thing that was missing was not "what are we supposed to be?" but rather "what steps can we take to achieve that?". This is where I need your help. I always want to do more for Christ but what? What steps can we all take to become believers on fire for Christ? I think we all know what we are supposed to be, but we don't know exactly how to get there.

1 comment:

  1. to be on fire:

    Abide in Christ.
    I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. (John 15:5)
    Walk in truth.
    Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. (John 8:31-32)
    Grow in grace.
    For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say “no” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope – the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ… (Titus 2:11-14)
    Renew our minds through God’s Word.
    Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is – His good, pleasing and perfect will. (Romans 12:2)

    ReplyDelete