Thursday, February 21, 2013

Psalm 23:6

Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the LORD forever.

I gave a little message about this passage when I was a shepherd on the DR mission project and it has always stuck with me. I find it amazing that God and all his beautiful qualities will follow me everywhere I go. No matter what I do or who I become, His unfailing love is pursuing me. It doesn't just sit back and watch, it's active in pursuing me constantly drawing me closer to God. He never lets go or gives up hope like I find myself doing on a daily basis with some people. And on top of that, I get to dwell in his house?! He does all the work in pursuing me through all my sin and then gives me the grand prize like I won the race. So what do I do, thank him and keep on talking about people behind their backs or judging others before I meet them. If it were my story, it would be full of destruction. Thankfully my life isn't about me; my life is a part of His story, which is much better. I still have some work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment