Saturday, January 5, 2013

Psalm 139

This is a pretty amazing Psalm. Tonight I was reminded how overcoming God's love for me is.

v.1 O LORD, you have examined my heart and know everything about me.
He does know everything about me, all the good and all the bad. Sure there is some good butI could write a pretty long list of all the bas things about me. I am far from deserving yet he has given me life. The number of times I have sinned against him is impossible to be counted. I am fallen.

v.17 How precious are your thoughts about me O God. They cannot be numbered.
I fall everyday and fail him countless times yet he still loves me? Yes. That is the God I serve.

v.24 Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.
Just because he forgives me doesn't mean I can get away with anything. His love washes over all my shortcomings but with his lead, I can be sanctified. My obedience should be a natural response to God's love, but unfortunately I live in a fallen world.

No comments:

Post a Comment