Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I is who I is who I is

I guess I’m writing this because I don’t know if I should be proud of myself or if it is to be expected. Drinking was always a big deal to me and still is, which explains why I’m writing this. I’m 20 now and only have a year before I can legally drink. I don’t know how serious underaged drinking is, spiritually and socially. And I don’t know why it is such a dig deal to me when God sees it the same as lying to skip class. I think it is because even though God doesn’t have a hierarchy of sins, people do. If I drank and then tried to talk to someone about my faith they wouldn’t take me seriously. If I took an answer off a friends assignment and then talked to someone about Christ, I think they would be fine. I also made a promise to God, my friends, my family, my school and myself that I wouldn’t drink; it’s important for me to keep my promises. So all this said, I am not drinking until I am 21 because...

  1. I made a promise
  2. It is one way I show my love for my God
  3. It tastes bad
  4. It helps me witness
  5. I’m proud of who I am
  6. To show that it’s possible
  7. It empowers me
  8. To break the social stereotype
  9. To not be a hypocrite when I tell my kids not to drink
  10. To set an example for anyone that might look up to me
  11. To honestly check the “no” box when applying for CampCow staff


ps. It’s easy for me to say no because I’m rarely around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment