Wednesday, July 27, 2011

So Alaska was pretty cool but maybe a few days too long. I was definitely ready to be back home. My family and I did tons of fun activities but the one thing that impacted me the most was our waiter at dinner on the cruise. His name was Zaldy and he was from the Philippines. He works on the ship because there is no work at home. He works for 9 months without a day off and goes home for 3 months to see his wife and 2 kids. I can't imagine a life like that! He worked so hard for us but had this quiet love to him. Ya I know he'll never think of my family again but he showed us this love I was not expecting to receive. He, as well as all the other workers, worked so hard but were still so thankful just to have a job. I don't have to support a family or work 9 months without a day off but somehow they had appreciation I don't yet understand. So thanks Zaldy for the beautiful example of a servants heart as well as some really good dinners :)

No comments:

Post a Comment